10.18.2008

gardens at thanksgiving point

My sister genni was here from AZ, she wanted to walk through the gardens at thanksgiving point! It was freezing...it looked like it might rain that day, so we brought big coats and bundled up the little ones. When we got to the gardens it started raining...then it started to hail!! genni was still up for it...melissa and I were ready to go to Cabela's with nich and my mom just wanted to please everyone! But the rain cloud went away and the sun came out...it wasn't raining any more but dang it was cold!
The gardens were beautiful and we had fun together...totally worth it!

genni stayed warm in her borrowed(no one in AZ needs a coat that big!) marshmallow coat!

no fish in the pond! I didn't know that fish bury themselves in the mud to stay warm for the winter until my genius mother told me! pretty nifty huh!

door to the secret garden...i love it!

the secret garden was so warm, quiet and peaceful

carousel topiary

largest man made waterfall in the US

5 comments:

amanda said...

looks like a lot of fun. but I'm glad I wasn't there. too cold!!

Jordan said...

We've never been to the Gardens...they look beautiful, we'll have to go. (I think we'll wait for Spring though!)
So fun to have family visit!

Mylissa 2 said...

Hey I was there that was fun! Once again I think I am going to steal your post, since I didn't bring my camera!!!!!

Rosie Moncrief said...

That's awesome! I might have to go there sometime! Do you live in Utah? I thought you lived in Seattle?

Katy said...

So fun. I love that place. I was wishing I was there with you! I miss you and your fam.